Friday, June 18, 2010

Neurofeedback and ADHD

I've seen real solid improvement in attention and focus and decreased distractedability in the adults with ADD and ADHD who've come to me for neurofeedback training. My colleagues who work with children also report very good results.

The Journal of Neurotherapy has just published a position paper on the use of neurofeedback with ADHD, describing it as safe and effective. Here's a link to a review of the position paper - Neurofeedback and ADHD.

Medication can be helpful with attention problems, but if it was for myself or someone I know I'd want to try neurofeedback first, especially with the developing brain of a child. I don't work with children myself, but if you would like a referral for your child to someone in New York City or elsewhere, please email me (or if you'd like to come for yourself).

You can also post questions here on the blog.

Catherine Boyrer, MA, LCSW
New York Neurofeedback

No comments:

Post a Comment