Friday, June 11, 2010

Neurofeedback and Psychotherapy

How are neurofeedback and psychotherapy related? Do you need to do both? What if you've done lots of therapy and still don't feel the way you want to?

Here is an interesting two minute video of two psychotherapists talking about how they use neurofeedback and psychotherapy.



I was a psychotherapist for many years before I heard of neurofeedback. Now I've been using both for several years, I have found that they complement each other well. Some of my clients do both. Or I may find myself suggesting neurofeedback to a client who came for counseling, especially when they've had years of therapy and still aren't where they want to be.

If you feel that description fits you, or you have other questions, please comment here on the blog (you can post anonymously, or email me.

Catherine Boyer, MA, LCSW
New York Neurofeedback

No comments:

Post a Comment