Monday, November 22, 2010

Is There a Type D Personality?

According to this US News article about Type D personality people, anxiety, stress, depression and negativity - hallmarks of this type - triple the risk for heart problems.

Type D is a name for people who tend to see the glass as half full and to worry about both small and large things. Often they are chronically angry. At the same time many do not show their feelings.

In addition to the health risks, it doesn't sound like much fun, does it? If you recognize yourself, you already know that these traits don't make for a great quality of life.

I've found neurofeedback to be helpful in decreasing all of these tendencies in my clients. People say things like:

  • It takes more to get to me.
  • I've been forgetting to worry about a lot of things. But I'm not worried about that either.
  • When I get depressed now, it lasts a few hours instead of days or weeks.

Visit the Client Comments page of my website for more of what people say. And please post questions here or email me.

It's not necessary to remain a Type D.

Catherine Boyer, MA, LCSW
New York Neurofeedback

No comments:

Post a Comment