Friday, May 13, 2011

Neurofeedback Images with NeurOptimal®

Below is a video of what my neurofeedback clients look at during their sessions. There are very brief pauses in music such as what you hear on this video (or music of your choice).  The interruptions to the music are the feedback to your CNS (central nervous system). More about this below.

Since the key feedback is audio, it's also okay to close your eyes during the sessions.



The pauses happen at the moment that the brain is starting to shift states into a learned response to stress.  The pause brings the brain back to the present, where it orients itself to the actual circumstances - "no danger here" - and relaxes.

The old learned response could be anxiety, or loss of focus, or obsessing, or, or, or... whatever those reactions are for each of us. The CNS does what it is masterful at - reorganizes itself around this new information. My clients typically come in saying things like:

  • I'm just not worried about that anymore.  I know I can handle it.
  • I'm sleeping through the night!
  • I started to get depressed but it was like I changed my mind.
  • I'm getting so much more done at work.

If you're interested to know what my experience has been with neurofeedback and things that you'd like to see change, please post a question here - or you can email me. confidentially.

Catherine Boyer, MA, LCSW
New York Neurofeedback

No comments:

Post a Comment