Monday, December 17, 2012

Neurofeedback and Anxiety

I've been a neurofeedback trainer for nine years, and in that time I've only had one client not have significant improvements in anxiety, and I think that was because of a medication he was taking.

Training your brain with NeurOptimal® (the state of the art neurofeedback system I use) is like getting a tuneup for your brain, so it can improve whatever you're struggling with. It's very good across the board, and in my experience it's especially good with anxiety.

That could be because I used to struggle with anxiety myself before I started training my own brain with NeurOptimal®. To read about the anxiety dream I had regularly that went away permanently (I haven't had it in ten years), visit the Client Comments page of the New York Neurofeedback website.

Here are the kinds of things I hear from clients:
  • I forgot I was afraid of public transportation and I just got on the bus. I didn't remember until I got off that I think I'm supposed to avoid them!
  • You know that thing I used to do, waking up in the middle of the night and finding something to worry about for an hour or so? Now I just go back to sleep. It's so wonderfully ordinary!
  • Authority figures don't make me nervous anymore.
  • I can't figure out why I used to check my math over and over. Checking it once is enough.
  • The hurricane [Sandy] was very stressful, of course, but I know I handled it much better than I would have before neurofeedback.
  • I don't pick fights with my husband anymore because of anxiety.
  • I'm on time instead of early.
  • My perspective about what is worth worrying about is so much better. Very little is worth it!
Are you anxious? Anxiety is miserable. You don't have to just live with it. Please post comments or questions here or email me.

Catherine Boyer, MA, LCSW
New York Neurofeedback

No comments:

Post a Comment